Trailblazers in LEED STUDY MATERIAL PREPERATION
PASSED LEED GREEN ASSOCIATE EXAM WITH A SCORE OF 192
I have passed LEED Green Associate V4 exam on 17 Oct 2015 with a score of
192/200. I am writing this post to share my experience on the exam preparation.I have read few testimonials and found that what Ms Jamal Fathima wrote a year back worked best for me.
The basic building block of preparation was Green Building Academy’s LEED Green Associate Made Easy Materials. I think without this book, I would not have attempted this exam. After reviewing this material thoroughly and also listen to the audio version, and attempting and reviewing the end of the material exam, your 90% preparation is complete.
I am a working professional and took about one month to complete this preparation. The big question at this point to me was, what could be the standard of questions in final examination and how tricky they would be. Again, another question bothered me was, whether the preparation material I studied was enough or I need to do some more study than GBA Green Associate Made Easy Guide.
• Then I have remembered what Ms Fathima wrote in her blog and subscribed to
Green Building Education Services Q&A. I think these questions are good and they made you to think more than the direct questions you expect. They have a study guide, but one reading of that may be enough to just go through the contents.
• I have attempted these questions and consistently scored more than 80%. Same is the case with GBA’s end of the material tests. I feel these two tests are somewhat close to the content of the questions of final exam. So, once, you are able to score above 80% in all these tests you are more than ready to take the examination. I took about another 2 weeks to complete the GBES questions.
So I walked into the exam with a confidence, and I could complete 100 questions in 60 min. So I had another full sixty minutes for review. In the end I have in fact finished/ ended the exam 15 min before the scheduled time.
My scores are shown below:
LEED Process 81%
Integrative Strategies 75%
Location and Transportation 100%
sustainable Sites 86%
water Efficiency 100%
Energy and Atmosphere 90%
Materials and resources 100%
Indoor Environmental Quality 100%
Project Surroundings and Public Outreach 100%.
So in summary I recommend the following:
1. GBA’s Study material is a must. THIS IS THE FOUNDATION.
2. GBES Q & As are important to get the full ability and confidence to appear for the
3. Study time required for a working professional – approximately 6 weeks.
4. Study hours weekend’s maximum time and on weekdays, based on time
availability. I have used to listen to GBA’s audio recordings of Mr. K M Bazeeth Ahamed. I am really thankful to him to developing this wonderful study material.
Thank you and best of luck. If any of you want to know more,
you can mail me at [email protected]
Col Siva Ram Kuricheti (Retd.),
MBA (XLRI), PMP, C Eng (I), FIE
Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, LEED Green AssociateS
SIVA RAM KURICHETI
October 1, 2015